Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Steph's Quest for Banana Bread

I had a serious craving for banana bread a while ago.
So, I set out on a Quest for Banana Bread.

First stop: the cafeteria.
They sells lots of different kinds of muffins - double chocolate, raspberry and white chocolate, lemon poppy seed, etc, etc.
But do they sell banana muffins?
No!

Alright, that's fine, I'll just have to think outside the box...
Starbucks!
I was SO sure they would have it and I was even willing to pay the obscene price, especially once converted back to dollars, to get my fix.
But, no!

I then went to the grocery store.
I was getting desperate at this point and was prepared to settle for artificial banana flavouring, if I had to.
But again, no!

Sadly my Quest did not end successfully.
I guess they don't have banana bread in the UK :(

BUT!
The efforts of my Quest were avenged today because I had some free time in between studying (or 'revising', as they say here) and made banana bread - finally!


Banana Bread

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3 mashed bananas

1. Beat sugar and eggs
2. Add oil and yogurt
3. Add flour and baking soda
4. Add bananas
5. Pour into prepared loaf pan
6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour
7. Om nom nom

No comments:

Post a Comment