Monday, May 9, 2011

Amsterdam

Alas! Some photos from my European Adventure!



My time in Amsterdam can basically be summed up in four words:
cheese, bikes, tulips, and fries.

Cheese
Before going to Amsterdam I had no idea there were so many different types of Gouda.
We ate SO much cheese. And it was SO good.




Bikes
There are SO many bikes in Amsterdam, it's amazing!
There are bike lanes everywhere!
There are even bike parking lots!
We went on a countryside bike tour, which was super fun - not just because we got to experience Amsterdam's bike culture and see the countryside, but because I got to ride a super cute blue cruiser bike!








Tulips
My parents and I went to the Kukenhof Garden and OH MAN I have never seen so many different types of tulips. They were beautiful.
We also went to the tulip fields, which were next to the Garden.
It was crazy to see fields and fields of tulips, it was like a sea of colour.






Fries
I ate the BEST fries EVER at Albert Cuyp Market.
They were amazing.
Crispy on the outside. Soft on the inside. Perfectly salted.
SO, SO good.


Stephanie the Fry Monster!

And some random pictures...

The suuuper steep stairs to our apartment

The Heineken Brewery

NEMO

Stroopwafels!
aka: THE most delicious cookie ever

Aaand THE coolest library EVER!




No comments:

Post a Comment