Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hello There!

I recently got back from a 12-day European adventure with my parents and Paul. We went to Amsterdam, Bruges, Brussels and Berlin - whew!
I'm going to post about each city soon, I've just been busy with school work - I was technically supposed to be studying while on my Easter break, so I've got a bit of catching up to do...

But I just wanted to say Hello!


Anyway, in between writing a report and reviewing for exams I've been very busy in the kitchen making study snacks!

The other day I made sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies (I just added chocolate chips to half of the dough).


And, I made caramel covered almonds!


I've never made caramel before, and I think I should have let it boil a bit longer because even after cooling overnight, the caramel is a bit too sticky.
Oh well, I guess I'll just have to make another batch...

Oh, and then the heat in my room stopped working because the system automatically turns off when it's warm outside. 
Thus, I had to resort to walking around my room wrapped up in my sleeping bag like a burrito.

The Burrito hard at work

But I now have a portable heater in my room, so I am no longer restricted to the confines of my burrito.

Alright, back to work for me... :(
There will be posts about my European Adventure soon, I promise

No comments:

Post a Comment