Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spice Up Your Life!

Last weekend I as really cultured and went to the Leeds City Museum.
(Look at me: two museums, two weekends in a row!)
I was drawn to the museum because of its current special exhibition.
I thought I was somewhat obliged to go because of its importance in British culture.

So what exactly did I go see?
Spiceworld: The Exhibition, obviously!

The exhibit was based on a West Yorkshire woman's personal collection of Spice Girls memorabilia.
And no, it wasn't lame with just CDs from different countries and thousands of magazine covers (although those were included in the exhibit).
This lady has somehow acquired their actual clothes and shoes and crazy things like that.
She probably also has a kleenex used by Victoria Beckham, but decided that it may be a little weird to put that in the exhibit.

Here's a taste of what I saw...





PS: Scary Spice is originally from Leeds - how fitting!

1 comment:

  1. ooooooomg spice girls!!!!!!!! my childhood encapsulated in that one concert shirt! haha did you buy anything!?

    ReplyDelete