Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jacket Potatoes

Today I had my first Jacket Potato.
What is a Jacket Potato you ask?
It's basically just baked potato.
But, with fancy fillings.

I had mine at the Refectory (in Canadian English that would be "the Cafeteria") so I'm sure it wasn't the most gourmet Jacket Potato out there, but it was pretty good.

There were all these different toppings to choose from...
  • Butter
  • Hummus
  • Baked Beans
  • Shredded Cheese
  • Cottage Cheese
  • Savoury Cheese
  • Cheesy Coleslaw
  • Tuna Mayonnaise (aka: Tuna Salad)
  • Coronation Chicken (I had no idea what this was and was scared by its bright yellow colour)
  • Chilli Con Carne
  • Leave (aka: Lettuce)

I had "Savoury Cheese" just because I thought I would try something new.
It was like spinach and artichoke dip, but without the spinach or artichokes...
So really, it was just different cheeses with green onion and spices.
It was good, in a really cheesy way.

Oh, and did I mention that the potato was possibly THE biggest potato I have ever seen? It was about as big as a softball. A softball!
I couldn't even finish it, I was so stuffed (like the potato - haha!).

Also, while out in the City Centre I didn't see a single Hot Dog Stand.
What I did see were Jacket Potato Stands though!
I thought that was kind of cool.
But also sort of weird...a baked potato isn't really my definition of a portable, eat-on-the-run snack.

I think the next time I get one I'll try it with beans or chilli...mmm...Jacket Potatoes...

PS: I didn't take a photo of my Jacket Potato because I didn't have my camera with me at dinner. And even if I had, I wouldn't have wanted my hallmates to think I was weird.

1 comment:

  1. "like spinach and artichoke dip, but without the spinach or artichokes..."
    HAHAHA!!!!

    Your adventures sound exciting!!! can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete