Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Feast

Christmas is my favourite time of year.
Why?
Because of the vast amounts of food I can justifiably consume.

This year's Holiday eating schedule went something like this: 
  • December 23rd 
    • Office Christmas party and Christmas karaoke with lots and lots of cocktails and a $5 turkey club to finish the night off
  • December 24th
    • My family Christmas Eve party, which is basically one giant potluck
  • December 25th
    • Turkey dinner with all the trimmings
  • December 26th
    • My sister's birthday dinner at Phnom Penh with THE best chicken wings
  • December 27th
    • Breakfast at White Spot, lunch with my grandma, and my sister's birthday party (too many meals to comment on)
  • December 28th
    • Farewell dinner for my sister
  • December 29th
    • Cookie extravaganza (self explanatory)
  • December 30th
    • Sushi at Hime where I had a Volcano Roll complete with a burning flame
  • December 31st
    • New Year's Eve dinner (and late night Chinese food when we got home)
  • January 1st
    • New Year's Day brunch
Whew! Just look at all that eating!


I only have photos from Turkey Dinner and the New Year's Day Brunch, but take a look!

For Turkey Dinner we had...
Turkey, ham, roasted yams & sweet potatoes, stuffing, sourdough bread, roasted carrots, mashed potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, and steamed brussels sprouts, broccoli & cauliflower.

 

 



For New Year's Day brunch we had...
Belgian & Mickey Mouse waffles (with fruit and whipped cream, of course), hashbrowns, peameal bacon, mini frittatas, fruit, biscotti, and cookies (from the Cookie Extravaganza).



No comments:

Post a Comment