Moving away to Ontario has really made me appreciate all the wonderfulness that is Vancouver.
Just look at those beautiful snow-topped mountains!
|The view from my office balcony|
|The view from Highbury & 13th|
Then, to get in the mood for the Holidays, I made Ginger Molasses Cookies.
Ginger Molasses Cookies - Martha Stewart
1/2 cup unsalted butter (I used margarine), room temperature
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup castor sugar for rolling
2 large eggs
1/2 cup unsulfured molasses
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground allspice (I omitted this)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Beat butter with brown sugar and granulated sugar on medium speed until smooth, about 3 minutes.
2. Mix in eggs one at a time.
3. Mix in molasses and oil.
4. Reduce speed to low and gradually mix in dry ingredients.
5. Cover dough and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour or overnight.
6. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
7. Form dough into balls, roll in castor sugar, place on prepared baking sheets.
8. Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies are flat and centers are set, about 17 minutes.
|Om nom nom nom nom.|
THEN, I got even more festive and made Christmas cards!
I cut out the mittens, ornaments, and fir trees from the various Christmas advertisements we've been getting with our newspaper.
Oh, and the first three types of cards have writing on the inside rather than the outside - Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, etc.
Mmm...I love the Holidays :)